Tears in Manchester
What The Washington Post says
Manchester bombing suspect identified; Islamic State claims responsibility
MANCHESTER, England — The Islamic State claimed Tuesday that one of its “soldiers” carried out an apparent suicide bombing in Manchester that killed at least 22 people, including teenagers and others streaming out of a pop concert.
Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins named the suspected attacker as 22-year-old Salman Abedi but declined to provide other details.
A senior European intelligence official said the attacker was a British citizen of Libyan descent. The official said the suspect’s brother has been taken into custody.
The Islamic State’s claim came as British investigators intensified their search for possible accomplices and police teams fanned out across the northern city after the worst terrorist strike in Britain in more than a decade.
The Islamic State did not give any details about the attacker or how the blast was carried out late Monday.
Answer our poll
What Milo Yiannopoulos says
MSNBC CUTS MANCHESTER COVERAGE TO SHARE “SHOCKING” TRUMP/RUSSIA NEWS EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT
MSNBC host Chris Matthews has come under fire for shamelessly cutting his coverage of yesterday’s bombing in Manchester to share “shocking” news from Washington.
During last night’s airing of ‘Hardball,’ Matthews opened by saying, “we are following developments, as you saw, in Manchester, England tonight, where police say there have been a number of fatalities and a serious incident after a concert at Manchester Arena.”
“A senior U.S. intelligence official tells NBC News there has been an explosion.”
According to The Daily Caller, by the time Matthews was on air, reports had already been circulating that at least 20 people were killed by the blast.
One would think that Chris Matthews and his producers would’ve considered this the top story of the evening.
Answer our poll